Our vision for the future of health care in northern Colorado
The transformation at PVH will touch nearly every aspect of care delivery, including comprehensive improvements in key areas.
Cardiovascular services, women and children’s care, outpatient surgery:
- New 22-bay heart and vascular clinic.
- Women and children’s care area: new birthing center, new five-bed pediatric ICU, renovated women’s care unit.
- New outpatient surgery area: pre- and post-procedure areas for the surgical admissions center, gastrointestinal/pulmonary procedures, cardiac and vascular catheterization lab and interventional radiology.
Behavioral health services, orthopedics, neurology:
- New, state-of-the-art inpatient behavioral health unit: moving behavioral health services from Mountain Crest, the freestanding center on Harmony Road, to PVH.
- New center for outpatient behavioral health services: in Westbridge medical office building, connected to PVH by Lemay Avenue pedestrian bridge.
- New orthopedics unit: orthopedics moving from third floor to fifth floor to be located close to neurology unit and to make room for behavioral health unit.
- Transformed neurology unit: neuro will remain on fifth floor but be moved and expanded.
Treatment-resistant depression (TRD) suite:
- Treatment areas for electroconvulsive therapy, ketamine infusion therapy, and transcranial magnetic stimulation therapy.
- Support spaces for patients and staff.
- Consideration for future flexibility as treatment options evolve.
- Outpatient and inpatient infusion space for treatment of cancer and other chronic illnesses.
- Includes 13 infusion bays and three private infusion rooms.
Main entrance and lobby:
- The exterior redesign incorporates improved vehicle and pedestrian traffic flow and a larger, more visible entrance plaza.
- The new main lobby will include comfortable seating, large windows, and a fireplace.
- The courtyard adjacent to the café will be revitalized, providing a restorative atmosphere for patients, visitors, and staff.
Through our community’s generous donations, PVH will build on a century-long legacy to provide generations to come with innovative and compassionate care in every area of the hospital.